Application in 4 Steps
Step 1: Check if All Requirements Are Fulfilled
First, the organisation must ensure that all the requirements are met and that the necessary supporting documents are available.
Step 2: Consultation with the zivik Team
The zivik team provides support and assistance by guiding the organisations through the application process. For this reason, it is necessary to contact the zivik team with a project outline as early as possible. The project outline should be no more than three pages and answer the following questions:
- Which funding concept does the project fit? – Concrete reference to one of the three German Federal Foreign Office's funding concepts (see Documents to Download).
- Where and in what timeframe should the project take place?
- Which partners / partner organisations are expected to be involved in the project?
- Who are the key actors of the project (according to the manual 'Monitoring of effects (movie)', see Documents to Download)?
- What activities are planned (according to the manual 'Monitoring of effects (movie)', see Documents to Download)?
- What changes should be achieved through the project (according to the manual 'Monitoring of effects (movie)', see Documents to Download)?
- What are the expected expenses and how will the project be financed? – Please provide a rough estimate of the expenses as well as information on the financial resources available (own or third party).
Step 3: Submit Application
At the end of the consultation process, the zivik team would request selected organisations to submit their application. The application consists of three documents: The Application form, The Project planning form, and the Financial plan. Templates are available in the download section (see Documents to Download). The completed application is to be sent by email to: zivik(at)ifa.de.
Step 4: Legally Binding Application
After reviewing the applications, the zivik team will contact the organisations and request that they submit a hard copy of the application. This application, which is legally binding, must be signed, dated and affixed with a seal, or stamped, and must be sent with all supporting documents by post to:
ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen)
The complete application must be submitted no later than three months before the start of the project; for a project starting in January or February no later than October 1 of the previous year. Due to limited capacities, it is also recommended to apply by October 1 of the previous year for projects that are to start at a later date.
Please note the requirement to submit a project outline in advance, and allow sufficient time for consultation on the project outline before submitting the application (see Application in 4 steps | step 2).