Kampala Art Biennale, Photo: Wolf von Kries
About the programme
ifa supports exhibitions abroad by contemporary German artists and artists with residence in Germany. Funding can be applied for transport, artists’ travelling expenses and technical equipment if required for the presentation.
- August 15, 2019 for projects in the following year
Who can apply and which conditions have to be met?
- German artists or artists with residence in Germany for at least five years
- High standards of artistic quality
- Invitation/inquiry by a non-commercial foreign exhibition institution (not a private gallery)
- Projects clearly situated in a non-commercial context
- Considerable achievements in its own right by the foreign institution concerned
- Submission of an application implies acceptance of the funding principles and requirements defined in the leaflet
How can I apply?
- A completed digital application form, that has also to be submitted printed out and signed via mail including the following documents (Please use for our digital application system Mozilla Firefox. If necessary please copy this link https://ifa-ausstellungsfoerderung.antragsverwaltung.de/login.php)
- CV of any artists funding is applied for
- Written invitation from the foreign institution
- Written information about the exhibition institution
- Pictorial material (example given catalogues or photographs) of current and / or former artistic works (illustrative material on CD or DVD cannot be considered, only for projects where it is necessary e. g. video work)
- Three estimates each for travel expenses, for costs of transport and for lease costs of technical equipment
Only entirely completed applications, submitted by mail before the stated deadline (Confirmation via postmark), will be considered for the meeting of the committee. Applications which are submitted after the stated deadline can’t be considered. Applications can be submitted in German or English.
ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen)