Cultural Assistant Programme
Photo: Priscilla Du Preez via Unsplash
About the programme:
The Culture Assistant Programme supports cultural, youth or media projects of associations, organisations and editorial offices of German minorities and their institutional development. For this purpose, grants of at least six weeks to a maximum of seven months will be awarded to junior staff from German minorities. The application for the grant should be submitted by the organisation of the German minority. The programme promotes the networking and transnational and practical qualification of the grant holders.
Who can apply?
Associations, organisations and editorial offices of German minorities
- from countries in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe or an organisation in these countries that works closely with the German minority
- who need additional personal and financial support for a limited period of time for a development project or a project idea
Requirements for the applicant organisation:
- Guarantee of the provision of a work space and means of communication (computer, telephone, e-mail address), including costs for the development project
- A contact person at the host institution appointed for the training and mentoring of the grant holder during the period of the grant
- The grant holder will be included in the structures of the institution
- The grant holder will not be integrated into the daily work and regular tasks of the institution, but can instead devote him or herself fully to the project or the development of the project
- Guarantee of the independent selection of the grant holder in an open application procedure with a selection committee
Requirements for the grant holders:
- Junior staff of German minorities institutions or their environment
- Very good German language skills
- Possessing initial practical experience in the planning and implementation of youth, cultural or media projects
- Interest in becoming engaged in the institution in the longer term
How can I apply?
Interested associations, organisations and editorial offices of German minorities can submit an application for a cultural assistantship. The ifa, in consultation with the respective umbrella organisation of the minority and the mission abroad, then makes a selection, subject to the approval of the Federal Foreign Office.
The selected organisations issue a public call for applications for the grant and select a grant holder. The selection is made in consultation with ifa.
Start of the call for applications: expected April 2019
Documents for application:
Application documents are expected to be available online April 2019.