Scholarship CCP Eastern Partnerships and Russia
Photo: ifa/ Wolfgang Kuhnle
About the scholarship:
In the scholarship “CCP Eastern Partnerships and Russia”, young professionals and volunteers from Germany, the “Eastern Partnership” countries and Russia can gain two months of professional experience in a different cultural environment. The stay in the host country is two months.
presumably in autumn 2019
Which countries participate?
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Germany, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Russia, Ukraine
What fields of work do the scholarship holders come from?
- Human Rights, Migration and Refugees
- Political Education and Youth Participation
- Knowledge Society, Intercultural Dialogue, Mediation and Reconciliation
- Media and Culture
How does the programme work in practice?
With the “CrossCulture Programme Eastern Partnership and Russia”, ifa as a partner of the Federal Foreign Office supports collaboration and networking between Germany, Russia and the six countries of the Eastern Partnership (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine). Each year, selected participants from abroad complete an eight-week scholarship with one of the organisations in Germany. German participants travel the other way round to one of the programme’s target countries.
German fellows plan and organise their stay abroad largely independently. For international applicants from the “Eastern Partnership countries and Russia”, expert and regional staff of the ifa identify a suitable host institution according to the applicant’s profile. Hence, existing contacts to German organisations from the applicant can be helpful. After approval by the host organisation, the participants receive a scholarship agreement with the terms and conditions of the grant.
What requirements need to be met for the participation in the CrossCulture Programme?
- Aged between 23 and 45 years at the time of application
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- A minimum of two years work experience or voluntary engagement in a civil society organisation in the country of residence
- Physical constitution for a long-term stay abroad
- Long-term voluntary social or societal commitment in the country of residence
- Previous professional experience in the field of activity
- Planned or existing cooperation with an organisation in Germany
- German language skills
Please note that applications from currently enrolled university students cannot be considered.
Eligible candidates ought to possess the nationality of a programme country listed above. Please apply only if you are a national of the respective country or acquired a long-term residence permit.
How can I apply?
The application for the CrossCulture Programme must be submitted online via the application portal.
For further information, please see our frequently asked questions (FAQ).