Ukraine Foreign Cultural Policy
In Ukraine, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism are responsible for foreign cultural policy. Ukraine has a regulation on cultural policy that was passed in March 2005. Private and nongovernmental organisations make a significant contribution to international cultural cooperation, and they are supported in their efforts by national and international foundations and institutions, such as the Soros Foundation, the British Council, Pro Helvetia, the Goethe Institute, and the Swedish Institute.
An office of the German Academic Exchange Service was opened in Kiev in 1998.
As of 2002/2003, the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the parliamentary Committee on Culture and the nongovernmental information centre "Democracy Through Culture" have taken part in Council of Europe programmes.
Basic information on Ukraine's foreign cultural policy
- Ukraine. Country Profile / Council of Europe. ERICarts
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
- Міністерство культури України / Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Education and Science
Cultural Institutions in Ukraine
Ukrainian Cultural Institutes abroad
- Ukrainian Educational and Cultural Center (Canada)
- Austrian-Ukrainian Association (Austria)
- Zwiazek Ukraincow w Polsce (Poland)
- Національний культурний центр України в Москві / Ukrainian Culture Center (Russia)
- The Tidewater Ukrainian Cultural Association TUCA (USA)
- Diplomatic Missions of Ukraine