The Netherlands Foreign Cultural Policy
Foreign cultural policy in the Netherlands is conducted in consultation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Education, Culture and Research. Cultural policy is carried out along the lines of content and issues in cooperation with funds and foundations that take independent decisions regarding the promotion of art and culture abroad.
For various areas there are umbrella groups and specialised institutes that conduct dialogue with political bodies. The two Dutch cultural institutes in Jakarta and Paris are not in any way model institutes, but rather exceptions that have arisen out of a tradition. The cultural departments of the embassies work closely together with local institutions and their Dutch partners.
Basic information on the Netherlands foreign cultural policy
- Netherlands. Country Profile / Council of Europe. ERICarts
Cultural Institutions in the Netherlands
- DutchCulture - centre for international cultural cooperation
- European Cultural Foundation
- LabforCulture.org – the networking platform for information on European arts and culture
- Netherlands Institute of International Relations Clingendael
- Stichting DOEN / Stiftung DOEN
- Dutch embassies, consulates and other representations