Romania Foreign Cultural Policy
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Culture and Religion are responsible for Romania's foreign cultural policy.
Within the Ministry of Culture and Religion, the Directorate for European Integration and International Relations coordinates the work and programmes of Romanian cultural centres abroad.
The Ministry of Education and Research and the General Directorate of European Integration and International Relations are responsible for education and maintain close relations with Romanian communities abroad.
The Directorate of International Relations at the Ministry of Youth and Sport is responsible for international youth exchange programmes.
The Ministry of Public Information concentrates on the preservation of the ethnic, linguistic, cultural and religious identity of Romanians living abroad.
Romania maintains a number of cultural institutes in foreign countries. For example, Romania has been represented in Berlin since 1999 through the Romanian Cultural Institute. It presents Romanian culture through exhibitions, concerts and lecture events.
Basic information on Romania's foreign cultural policy
- Romania. Country Profile / Council of Europe. ERICarts
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs / Ministerul Afacerilor Externe
- Ministerul Culturii
- Ministerul Educaţiei Naţionale
- Ministerul Integrãrii Europene
- Ministry of Information Technology and Communications / Ministerul Tehnologiei Informaţiei şi Comunicaţiilor
Romanian Cultural Institutes abroad
- Institutul Cultural Român
- diplomatic missions of Romania