Research assignments and stipends
In the framework of the ifa Research Programme, three- to six-months (full-time) stipends and research assignments are allocated to players from the sciences as well as from the areas of art and culture, politics, media and development cooperation. The projects are announced in the vacancies section at the ifa website, where you will also find application guidelines and deadlines. Stipends and research assignments are assigned only for the announced topics.
- University education (at least an M.A.)
- Proven experience in the topic of the respective project as well as good knowledge of foreign cultural and educational policy
- For projects with an event format: proven experience in the organisation of events
- For projects with publications: very good and proven knowledge in the editorial domain and with scientific work
- Good knowledge of English as well as the language required for the project
The advertised stipends are full-time stipends. The selected candidates may not be engaged in any occupational activity in the research period. This regulation does not apply to research assignments.
Documentation to be submitted
The application for the advertised project must be accompanied by:
I. Letter of motivation complete with personal details
including address, e-mail, telephone number and, if available, fax and mobile telephone number
II. Information on the project
- Title or topic
- Short description of the relevance of the topic as well as previous research deficiencies
- Compact, two-page profile of the undertaking
- Preliminary outline of the work
- Work programme or time line that shows that the undertaking can be realised in the framework of the project lifecycle
- Relevant sources and methods
III. CV and passport photo
Note: Please submit the application materials exclusively in electronic form in a single file (max. 3 MB).