Akademie Schloss Solitude
The name Akademie Schloss Solitude combines the idea of an academy for scientific and artistic exchange with that of a retreat - which Schloss Solitude has always been.
Its task is to promote mainly younger, particularly gifted artists by means of residence fellowships, and by organising public performances, readings, concerts and exhibitions by its residents.
The following artistic disciplines are represented at the Akademie Schloss Solitude:
- architecture (architecture design, urban studies, landscape design)
- visual arts (including performance art and curatorial practice)
- performing arts (stage design, directing, dramaturgy, playwriting, dance, acting, musical theater, performance)
- design (visual communication, fashion, costume, product or furniture design)
- literature (theory/criticism, essay, poetry, fiction, translation)
- music/sound (sound installation, sound and music composition, sound and music performance)
- video/film/new media (including video installation)
New fellowships are granted every 24 months. Not only artists can apply, but also scholars and theoreticians in the respective disciplines (in musicology and art theory, for example).
Parallel to the regular grant programme for young artists the programm art, science & business is supported in which artists, theoreticians and business managers are involved.