Passa Porta is the international house of literature in Brussels. Besides a possibility for authors, readers, translators, cultural mediators and literature lovers to work and meet, it offers
- a programme with interviews, debates, presentations and book club sessions,
- the biennial passa porta festival, the most important literary festival in Belgium,
- marathon des mots, a biennial international event in that well-known actors and musicians present parts out of the work of Belgian authors and authors of other countries,
- passa porta lab, where poems and translations get actively developed,
- the international programme for writers in residence (Passa Porta Residence) in that authors get invited to Belgium, where they can get to know the Belgian and the Flemish culture.
Additionally, authors can get sent abroad.
Passa Porta is a member of ICORN international cities of refuge network.
Concerning book launches, meetings, workshops, debates, talks and press conferences, one can rent a passa porta room for 120 people including technical equipment.