European Association of Conservatoires (AEC)
The Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen (AEC) is a European cultural and educational network, which was established in 1953. It represents the interests of institutions that are concerned with training for the music profession. Today, the AEC includes 252 members institutions in 53 countries.
It is engaged in:
- stimulating and supporting international collaboration between member institutions
- realising various international projects about relevant subjects in professional music training
- organising an Annual Congress and various specific seminars for its members
- representing the interests of the professional music training sector on national, European and international level
The AEC has a proactive policy towards initiating and realising European projects in the field of professional music training. Usually, these projects are supported by programmes of the European Union.
- PHExcel (2013-2015)
- FULL SCORE (2014-2017)
- VOXearly MUS (2015-2018)
- NAIP (2014-2016)
- EUBO Mobile Baroque Academy (2015-2018)
- NE©XT Accelerator (2015-2018)
- ECMA-Next Step (2015-2018)
- METRIC (2015-2018)
The AEC is proactive towards maintaining and creating a broad network of relations with the European institutions (European Parliament, European Commission and Council of Ministers), national governments, and institutions and networks in the field of music and education at national, European and international levels.