Europa Nostra is the representative platform of 250 European monument protection organisations from more than 40 countries in Europe representing their interests towards international bodies as the UNESCO, the Council of Europe and the European Union in the range of cultural heritage.
- to put heritage and its benefits in the mainstream of public consciousness
- to make heritage a priority for public policies both at European and national level
- to promote high standards of quality in the fields of heritage conservation, architecture, urban and rural planning and to advocate a balanced and sustainable development of urban and rural, built and natural environment
Europa Nostra is engaged in
- supporting national and international campaigns for the preservation and rescue of Europe’s heritage at risk
- granting the European Union Price for Cultural Heritage connected with the Europa Nostra Award for exemplary initiatives in favour of the conservation and enhancement of cultural heritage
- activating the importance of cultural heritage as a building block of European identity and as a contribution to the strengthening of the sense of European citizenship