ENCATC – European Network of Cultural Administration Training Centres
Purpose / Activities
ENCATC was established in 1992 in Warsaw to promote transnational educational initiatives in the field of cultural management and cultural policy by providing educators, researchers, students, policymakers and cultural managers with a long lasting forum for debate, staff and student exchange and professional development.
ENCATC, is a membership non-profit organisation (NGO) gathering over 100 members in 40 countries. It holds the status of associate partner with UNESCO and of observer to the Steering Committee for Culture of the Council of Europe.
ENCATC acts in the following fields:
- developing and influencing policies by advocacy
- networking for sharing and improving knowledge
- capacity building to educate professionals and students
- support research
- fostering the mobility of students, teachers and cultural managers managers
- building of knowledge societies through information and communication
- create partnerships with major stakeholders
- ENCATC Journal of Cultural Management and Policy (annual)
- Activity Reports (annual)
- Conference Reports (annual)
- Newsletters for members, students and stakeholders