The Kulturpolitische Gesellschaft (KuPoGe) is a nationwide association for the development and promotion of cultural policy. Affiliated to the KuPoGe is the Institut für Kulturpolitik (Institute for Cultural Policy) that provides data on demographical development and changes in cultural orientations and preferences.
KuPoGe's objectives are:
- intensifying the discussion about cultural policy,
- working out the scientific expertise, stocktaking and research assignments,
- the journalistic communicating of information and opinion.
Further fields of activity of the Institut für Kulturpolitik:
- organisation and carrying-out of the Federal Congress on Cultural Policy;
- the internet portal Information System on Cultural Policy (in German) that provides search engines and link-compilations to a wide range of cultural policy topics.
In cooperation with the Deutscher Kulturrat the Kulturpolitische Gesellschaft in 1998 has set up the Cultural Contact Point Germany (CCP), located in the House of Culture, Bonn. The CCP's main task was to inform cultural operators and administration about the European Union's CULTURE-Programme and to advice applicants. Since 2014, it has been called Creative Europe Desk KULTUR. Its main goal is to inform cultural associations in Germany about developments in cultural policy and at the European level.
Since 2008, the Kulturpolitische Gesellschaft is carrying the German National Contact Point for the EU programme "Europe for Citizens", which is informing and advising potential applicants.
Periodical Publications (in German)
- Jahrbuch für Kulturpolitik (Yearbook of Cultural Policy)
- Fachzeitschrift Kulturpolitische Mitteilungen (Professional Journal Notes on Cultural Policy)
- Dokumentationen (Documentations)
- Edition Umbruch (Edition Change)
- Materialien (Materials)
- Beihefte der Kulturpolitischen Mitteilungen (Supplements to the Notes on Cultural Policy)
- further publications