From May 2006 to June 2017 Ursula Seiler-Albring was the President of the ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen).
- 1963–1969 studied sociology, political science, psychology and constitutional law in Göttingen, Tübingen and the Freie Universität in Berlin
- 1983–1994 member of the German parliament, the Bundestag. Among other things, a member of the parliament’s budgets committee
- 1991–1994 Minister of State for European Affairs in the Federal Foreign Office
- 1995–1999 Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany in Vienna
- 1999–2003 Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany in Sofia
- 2003–2006 Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany in Budapest
- Honorary Senator of the Andrássy University in Budapest