Alexander Pohl: Trickster
As the basis for a compendium of artistic and technological possibilities, Alexander Pohl has developed a computer character – a circus clown.
Pohl has reproduced reality so perfectly that even experts will sometimes have trouble distinguishing between computer animation and visual effects and flesh and blood, between nature and manmade architecture. He also uses light, shading and colour in a very sophisticated way. Avoiding a coherent story, he sees a drama with short scenes, one leading into the next, as the best form for demonstrating his ideas. The clown’s wanderings through cascades of light, hellish steelworks scenes and fantastic cathedrals consistently reject any form of meaning – even when Lucifer himself and a cinema full of marvelling patrons appear as actors in the scene.
- Author, screenplay: Alexander Pohl
- Year: 2008
- Length: 15.38 min.
- Technique: 3D computer animation
- Animation: Alexander Pohl
- Drawings: Alexander Pohl
- Puppets made by: Alexander Pohl
- Music: Stefan Maria Schneider
- Directed by: Andreas Hykade
- Produced by: Film & Television Academy (HFF) "Konrad Wolf" Potsdam-Babelsberg
© (Alexander Pohl) VG Bild-Kunst Bonn, 2010