René Lange: Samsa – Homage to Franz Kafka
This homage to Franz Kafka focuses on his short story "Metamorphosis" and the psychological basis of his creative writing. A stylistically secure metamorphosis turns his portrait into a fragile mask that increasingly dissolves into a fragment. In his film, the author presents his personal impressions of Kafka’s story in visual form, translating Kafka’s surreal world into impressively appropriate images. In the metamorphosis, the I-character is transformed into an armoured insect and Kafka’s writing implement develops into a monster armed with spines.
- Author, screenplay: René Lange
- Year: 2008Length: 3.56 min.
- Technique: Computer animation with After Effects
- Animation: René Lange
- Music: Daniel Regenberg
- Sound design: Daniel Regenberg, Michał Krajczok
- Mixing: Michał Krajczok
- Directed by: René Lange
- Production manager: Holger Lochau
- Produced by: Nadine Sklodowski
- Production company: Film & Television Academy (HFF) 'Konrad Wolf' Potsdam-Babelsberg