Derek Roczen: Bärenbraut (The bear's bride)
The birds sing merrily, the forest is lush and wholesome, the trees and meadows are blooming. There is a funny little bear, and a sweet little girl. It seems almost as if we have wandered into a fairytale film. This idyll, however, is not what it seems. Suddenly the girl begins splitting wood next to the door with powerful strokes, and the little bear, who once fitted into her hut like a bedside rug, grows overnight into a "big" bear who takes the little girl by the hand, wanting to dance a wild, animalistic bear dance with her. Thanks to his rough wooing and his formidable, challenging size, he falls victim to the shotgun of a jealous neighbour. The bear prince dies, and bitter tears are shed on a bearhide.
- Author, screenplay: Derek Roczen
- Year: 2007/2008
- Length: 8.25 min.
- Technique: Drawn animation
- Animation: Derek Roczen, assisted by Ina Findeisen and Viola Baier
- Drawings: Derek Roczen
- Music: Frank Schreiber
- Directed by: Derek Roczen
- Produced by: Julia Maier
- Production company: Baden-Württemberg Film Academy, Ludwigsburg