Rave Scholarships support further practical training for young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from countries in transition and developing countries.
- Museum technicians
- Cultural managers
- Applicant must be from a country in transition or a developing country and must still be living there
- Hitherto no opportunity yet to work in Germany for an extended period of time
- Completion of professional study or training within the last five years
- Younger than 40 years old
- Applicant must no longer be studying or involved in on-the-job training
- Confirmation (in German) by a partner institution from the field of visual arts in Germany which has agreed to take on the scholar or initiate a joint project
- A reference from the applicant’s country of origin
- Knowledge of either German or English, basic knowledge of German expected
- Applicants who were rejected once cannot re-apply
15 May each year
The Rave Foundation committee will assess all applications. There is no recourse to legal action regarding the awarding of a scholarship. Applicants will be informed in writing about whether their application was successful or not. No reasons will be given for the committee’s decision.