The Artists’ Contact programme of ifa supports projects in the fields of contemporary art, architecture, design, photography and media art. The focus is on the exchange and substantive cooperation between German actors and cultural practitioners from transition and developing countries. It subsidizes working stays as well as working tours.
- art educators
- art theoreticians
from developing and emerging countries and German applicants as well as applicants who have been living in Germany for at least five years.
Please note: Projects by students cannot be supported
What we can do
What we can do
The ifa can make a financial contribution to travel and subsistence expenses for applicants in the fields of contemporary art, architecture, design, photography and media art
- travelling from developing and emerging countries to Germany (exhibitions, performances, artist-in-residence programmes, workshops, working tours, international events such as symposia, conferences and lectures).
- travelling from Germany to developing and emerging countries (performances, artist-in-residence programmes, workshops, working tours, international events such as symposia, conferences and lectures).
- High standards of artistic quality
- The project may not be realized in a commercial context (e.g. not in a private gallery)
- Co‐operation between German and foreign persons engaged in the cultural sector in terms of art and content is an important funding aspect
- Considerable achievements in its own right by the institution concerned
- Submitting an application implies acceptance of the funding principles and requirements laid down in the leaflet (PDF).
Projects by students cannot be supported.
The ifa cannot take over any mediation role in the planning of projects.
Applications have to be submitted by mail either in German or English containing the following documents:
- A fully completed application form (RTF)
- Pictorial material (catalogues or photographs) of current and former artistic works (illustrative material on CD or DVD cannot be considered, only for projects where it is necessary e. g. performances and video work)
- The flight costs must be specified based on current air fares and during settlement offers are occupied (if necessary conversion to Euros and translation in German or English).
- CVs of all participants funding is applied for
- Written invitation from the exhibition institution
- Written information about the exhibition institution (e. g. financing)
Only entirely completed applications will be considered.
An expert panel will assess all applications. There is no legal claim to the allocation of funding. The decision will be conveyed to the applicant in writing without stating reasons.
- 31 January (spring committee) for projects in the current year
- 15 August (autumn committee) for projects in the following year
The postmark is valid. Only entirely completed applications submitted on schedule by mail will be admitted to the meetings of the expert panel. Applications received after the filing deadline will not be considered. The material can be submitted either in German or English.
Documents at a Glance
Documents at a Glance
- Detailed information on funding principles (PDF)
- Funding application (RTF)
- Important Information on the German Federal Travel Expenses Act / Leaflet invoicing (PDF)
- International Daily Allowances and Accommodation Allowances (PDF)
- Evaluation/report for institutions (RTF)
- Evaluation/report for people working in the culture sector (RTF)
- ifa logo (JPG)