Russia Foreign Cultural Policy
In the Russian Federation the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Culture are responsible for foreign cultural policy. By order of the president of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Education and Research was set up on 9 March 2004. This ministry is also responsible for international education programmes and international cooperation.
The Rossarubeschzentr represents Russian interests abroad: the Russian Centre for International Cooperation in Research and Culture was established in April 1994 through a resolution of the government of the Russian Federation. Under the direction of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Centre took over the activities of the Russian Agency for International Cooperation and Development, and it maintains a network in foreign countries of Russian Centres for Research and Culture.
Basic information on Russia's foreign cultural policy
- Russia. Country Profile / Council of Europe. ERICarts
Cultural Institutions in Russia
- Фонд "Русский мир"/ Russkij Mir Foundation
- the Russian Academy of Arts
- the Russian Academy of Science
- Russian as foreign language at State Pushkin Institute
- The National Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science of Russia
- Russian Council of academic mobility (ROSAM)
Russian Cultural Institutes abroad
- Российско-Финляндский культурныe форумы / Suomalais-venäläinen kulttuurifoorumi / Finnish-Russian Cultural Forum
- Diplomatic and consular missions of Russia