Research Programme "Culture and Foreign Policy"
Within the Research Programme "Culture and Foreign Policy" experts do research on topics related to Germany’s Foreign Cultural and Educational Policy. Within the research periods of three to six months, they investigate specific topics, develop findings and formulate policy recommendations for future foreign cultural policy strategies. With the scientific foundation of basic themes and areas of foreign cultural and educational policy and the recommendations for practical use the ifa as a center of competence offers a so far unique expert advice to foreign cultural policy actors. Universities, cultural organisations, media and business partners cooperate with the Research Programme for the support of researches, the organisation of conferences and the production of studies and scientific papers.
ifa Input – impetus to current debates on foreign cultural policy
- Religion and German Foreign Policy
- Resilience Strategies as a Response to Nationalists as Actors of Foreign Cultural Policy
- The Role of Culture in a Divided Europe
- Synergies in Foreign Cultural Policy in Germany with a Special Focus on Local Authorities
- Creative Industries International
- The impact of Brexit on international cultural relations in the European Union
- Culture as a Strategic Factor: the Example of India
- Post-colonial Curatorial Challenges at the Interface Between Ethnological Museums and Art
- Perceptions of Germany’s commitment to fighting the causes of migration and forced displacement
- Consequences for the US-Election on Cultural Relations