Youth for Europe
Youth for Europe is the national agency in charge of the EU-youth-programme YOUTH IN ACTION in Germany. Till the end of 2013 the EU provides a total amount of € 886 Mio. to fund youth groups, associations of public benefit and institutions of youth work in 31 countries.
The fields of activity of Youth for Europe comprise:
- information about the EU-Programme YOUTH IN ACTION
- issuing of the Youthpass Certificate
- allocation of subsidies to international youth meetings, youth initiatives and European voluntary service
- consultation of public benefit associations and institutions of youth work concerning the planning, realisation and development of projects within the framework of the YOUTH IN ACTION-Programme
- qualification of honorary and full-time workers of youth work as well as young people, dedicated to youth work
- promotion of cooperation and networking between programme participants in Germany, Europe and beyond
- information about youth policy developments at an European level as well as providing a forum for exchange of views
The Salto Centre for Training and Cooperation coordinates measures of further education offered by the network of national agencies.