Federation of German Authors (VS)
The Federation of German Authors results 1969 from the fusion of the 10 regional federations of authors, the federation of German translators and the federation of German reviewers to a joint federation. It is stakeholder of authors and translators in regards of safeguarding their working and living conditions, advancement the furtherance of literature and culture, the progression of programmes for the young people’s promotion and the foresight of illness and age.
The Federation of German Authors offers amongst others
- consulting at questions about professional group and social policy like contract right, originator right and tax right,
- free legal protection and legal advice,
- discounts by the end of sick person's complementary insurances,
- financial support in leisure accidents,
- occupational customer’s seminars and Workshops at land level and national level.
Moreover, it promotes international author’s contacts and allows working stays in the author and translator centres in Visby/Gotland und Rhodos.
The Federation of German Authors is member of the
- European Writers' Congress (EWC), a federation of 57 writers’ associations in 30 countries of Europe,
- Baltic Writers' Council (BWC), a federation of writers’ and translators’ unions in the Baltic area
- Three Seas Writers‘ and Translators‘ Council (TSWTC), a federation of the writers’ and translators’ unions around the Baltic, the Black and the Aegean Sea
kunst & kultur (quaterly)