Telc – European Language Certificates
The European Language Certificates (telc) is as a recognised not-for-profit organisation a subsidiary of the German Adult Education Association supporting further education for personal and professional development in the interest of the general public.
The issues of telc embrace
- test development
- telc examiner and rater training
- test evaluation and scoring
- quality assurance
Telc certificates are currently provided in ten languages (English, German, Turkish, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic and Czech) at different level degrees. The German Test for Immigrants (DTZ) is accepted as official proof of German language competence for obtaining citizenship, likewise the Federal Foreign Office recognises it of migrants joining their spouses in Germany.
Telc offers further information for
- everyone interested in taking a telc examination
- educational institutions like language schools, secondary schools, colleges & universities, companies
- teachers, trainers, examiners and raters