The Steinbeis Europe Centre has been founded in order to bring regional enterprises, universities and research institutes of the Federal State Baden-Württemberg closer together with European partner institutions in all technology fields and operates as an intermediary organisation at the intersections of the economic, scientific and administrative sector as well as between the regional and the European level.
Small and medium-sized enterprises, research institutes, universities and disseminators number among its main target group.
The Steinbeis Europe Centre's core function is the consultation and support of the aforementioned actors in the following subject-matters:
- European support of scientific research
- bilateral technological co-operations with European partners
- development of regional strategies technology foresight
- participation in and organisation of brokerage events, company missions, congresses, information days and trainings
The Steinbeis Europe Centre performs its consultative function in close cooperation with regional actors of business development economic enterprises and ministries on the state as well as federal level. It is involved in different interregional and European networks (Steinbeis Transfer Network, Enterprise Europe Network of the European Commission).
Furthermore the Centre operates as:
- performance of events and training programmes
- National Contact Office for small and medium-sized enterprises of the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg
- EU-Information Center for universities in Baden-Württemberg
- partner organisation of the Science meets Economy Initiative