Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe
The politically impartial Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe was founded in 1971 by Pauline Schwarzkopf.
Its aspiration is to strengthen the European Idea and pan-European understanding by supporting young people.
Tasks of the foundation:
- dialogue of young people aged between 16 and 28 years with leading figures of politics, economy and culture
- information about decision-making process in Europe
- discussion about European political topics which are relevant to young people
- offer to youths to engage in Europe
Youths have the possibility to experience politics with the following offers and projects:
- lectures, seminars and debates
- visits to embassies and exhibitions
- Background Talks on Europe
- EU Crash-Courses
- travel grants
- annual awarding "Young European of the Year" und "Schwarzkopf Europe Award"
- European Youth Parliament
By these offers youths have the possibility of an exchange with ambassadors, federal ministers, journalists, European members of parliament, EU Commissioners, scientists and artists.