Research Centre for German in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe (FZ DiMOS)
The Research Centre for German in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe (FZ DiMOS) was established by Regensburg University’s Institute for German Studies. Its task is exploring and documenting the development of German in Eastern Europe in both its historical and current multilingual context.
FZ DiMOS works in cooperation with university institutions and other academic establishments. One of its goals is to establish a comprehensive network of academics and research institutions concentrating on German as a language and German culture in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe. Individual researchers may apply for participation or are approached by FZ DiMOS.
Launched in 2014, FZ DiMOS’s plans until 2018 include:
- international research projects,
- an online platform for information on German in Central and Eastern Europe,
- a network for doctoral students,
- a fellowship programme for junior researchers from Central and Eastern Europe,
- conferences, workshops and publications.
Headship of FZ DiMOS is tied to the chair of German Linguistics at Regensburg University.
Current, future and past events are documented on the FZ DiMOS website.
List of publications (in German)