Japanese-German Center Berlin (JDZB)
The Japanese-German Center Berlin (JDZB) was established 1985 with the objective to promote and deepen Japanese-German and international cooperation in the fields of science and culture.
The duties of the JDZB are:
- organisation of conferences on the bilateral as well as international level
- offering of cultural program that includes exhibitions, concerts, lectures, dance performances and musical soirees, film and theatre events, and other German-Japanese events
- furtherance of exchange programs for young employees, future senior managers and young academics and youth welfare specialists
- allocation of a library with more than 10.000 volumes about Japan, the German-Japanese relations as well as Japan research in German, English and Japanese. Magazins and newspapers complete the offer of information
- offering of Japanese courses
Hence, the JDZB is an unique institution that is dedicated to this tasks in Germany – and in Japan. From the beginning not only were bilateral relations in the foreground, but also the entire Asia-Pacific region and the countries of Europe. Japan and Germany’s involvement in international institutions and formulations of problems were included in the work of the foundation.