Institut für Internationale Zusammenarbeit des Deutschen Volkshochschulverbandes e. V. (IIZ/DVV)
DVV International cooperates with state-run, civil society and university partner organisations of adult education in most parts of the world; its emphasis is on:
- The strenghtening and establishing of adult education in the developing or transition countries of Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe;
- Enabling individuals to take an active part in social, cultural and political life and to build and extend democratic structures;
- The development of basic education, ecological awareness and the advancement of democracy through poverty reduction, the advancement of women and capacity building;
- An increase of the income of underprivileged groups, based on their integration into working processes and a strengthening of cooperatives;
- Project cooperation and exchanges of expertise with partners from industrial countries;
- Providing information and lobbying in cooperation with adult education institutions on a regional and global level.
DVV International is an institution of the Deutscher Volkshochschul-Verband e. V., the German Adult Education Association, which offers a wide range of professional qualifications and trainings, the obtainment of school-leaving qualifications, certificates and classes on political and cultural topics as well as leisure activities.