Heinrich Böll Foundation
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is a legally independent political foundation emerging 1997 from the foundation association Regenbogen and is affiliated with the Green Party. Its activities are guided by the fundamental political values of ecology, democracy, solidarity, and non-violence, its organs of regional activities in political education are the 16 state foundations.
The Foundation's primary objective is to support political education promoting democratic involvement, socio-political activism, and cross-cultural understanding. Both within Germany and abroad it is engaged in the fields
The Scholarship Department of the Heinrich Böll Foundation awards scholarships for students und postgraduated from all fields and nationalities.
With its various subject areas the Heinrich Böll Foundation attends specific to this fields that it considers to be extra important:
- The info desk for communal affairs presents information about different aspects of regional and local policy.
- The internet page Migration – Integration – Diversity offers worth knowing things from events via projects to the point of publications about the theme immigration.
- The Green Academy, a network of interested people from science and policy, confronts the basic societal issues.
- The Gunda Werner Institute for Feminism and Gender Democracy advances the development of social alternatives beyond the mainstream.
- The further education academy GreenCampus qualifies civil socially actors.
- The Heinrich Böll Foundation supports the archive Grünes Gedächtinis and the Petra Kelly Archive as well as together with the Historical Archive of the City Cologne and the archive of the heirs of Heinrich Böll the Heinrich Böll Archive.