The Hanns-Seidel-Foundation founded in 1967 is a foundation working in the field of political education. The Foundation’s work comprises political education, political advisory services, international development cooperation and scholarship programmes for students and young academics. Currently the Foundation conducts projects in over 60 countries worldwide.
General objectives of the Hanns-Seidel-Foundation’s work are:
- political education as a mean to promote and encourage citizens’ active political participation in democracy
- political advisory services based on practical political experience
- promotion, initiation and deepening of foreign and international relations to political, economic or societal actors
The Foundation's fields of activity comprise:
- political education: the Institute for Adult Civic Education offers seminars of political education addressed to all citizens who are willing to extend their competence in rational decision making, critical reasoning and reflection for active political participation.
- scholarship programmes: by measures of political education the Foundation encourages students and young academics to attend the implementation of the free democratic basic order and the rule of law with critical contributions. For further information on scholarship requirements please consult the related website scholarships.
- political consulting: the Foundation identifies and analyses policy-trends, takes up current political problems and develops solution strategies for social policy issues by means of experts’ conferences.
- international relations: The Institute for Contact and International Cooperation supports international development cooperation by means of project-oriented development measures in Asia, Africa, South and Central America, Oceania as well as in Central and Eastern Europe.
The Office for Foreign Relations and the Liaison Bureaus in Washington, Brussels and Moscow/International Conferences have been assigned the task of promoting, initiating and deepening international contacts and the process of European unification by means of facilitating dialogue, conferences and the establishment of liaison offices abroad.
Annual Report (in German)