German National Academic Foundation
With approximately 11,000 scholars, the German National Academic Foundation is the largest and oldest organisation sponsoring the academically gifted in Germany. It is non-political and non-denominational.
The Academic Foundation
- promotes future excellence in the areas of science, business, public administration, and the arts. Through its sponsorship programme it promotes academic consolidation, interdisciplinary dialogue, a cosmopolitan world view and international experience
- sponsors highly gifted students and graduates at universities, universities of applied sciences and art and music colleges
- is a registered association. As such, it is financially supported and subsidised by the Federal Government of Germany, the German Federal States and local authorities as well as by a large number of private donors
- has currently some 11,000 scholars in funding
- has an annual intake of more than 3,000 scholars
The programme encompasses
- maintenance grant plus monthly book allowance
- language courses and study abroad grants
- summer schools
- academic collegs
- doctoral forums
- general support and advice
For a scholarship of the Academic Foundation, applicants can be nominated or they can apply and take part in the Academic Foundation's test. For further information see www.studienstiftung.de, nominations, application through admission test.