The DFH aims to strengthen cooperation between France and Germany at university level. It encourages and supports relations and exchanges be-tween German and French universities as well as cross-border activities and projects – pedagogics, graduate and postgraduate studies, research and training of young scientific talents, in particular by
- promoting academic cooperation between universities and research institutions
- encouraging students to study for a term or two at universities in the respective other country
- creating, subsidising and implementing German-French curricula
- strengthening graduates cross-national professional competence
- promoting post-graduate specialisation
- promoting research and development
- drawing up the DFH diploma.