German Films Service und Marketing GmbH
German Films is the national information and advisory centre for the promotion and marketing of German films worldwide. It runs foreign representatives in the countries China, USA and Canada, Russia and Eastrern Europe.
German Films' activities comprise:
- organising previews of the films submitted for participation at international film festivals as well as the presentation of German film contributions
- staging of Festivals of German Film in European and international major cities in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut
- promotion and marketing of European films at international film festivals and film markets in cooperation with the European Film Promotion (EFP)
- providing advice and information to representatives of the international press and buyers from the fields of cinema, video and television as well as to German filmmakers and press on national and international festivals, participation requirements, and German films being shown
- promotion of young film makers Next Generation Short Tiger presenting annually a selection of shorts by students of German film schools at international film festivals
- organising the annual German-French film meeting for supporting cooperation and information exchange between producers, directors and representatives of the film industry of both countries.