German Academy Rome Villa Massimo
The German Academy Rome Villa Massimo offers gifted German artists of the artistic sections visual arts, architecture, literature and music (composition) the possibility to advance professionally via an annual study visit at Villa Massimo in Rome or a threemonthly study visit at Casa Baldi integrated in the Roman and Italian cultural life.
The promotion contains:
- support programme including contacts to German culture institutes in Rome, to Roman and Italian culture institutions as well as galleries, agencies and publishers
- participation in publications and activities of the German Academy Rome Villa Massimo
- individual presentations (exhibitions, readings, concerts) as well as publications (catalogues, books, CDs)
- gratuitous utilisation of a studio with living place
- grant of € 2.500 monthly including travel, transport and material costs.
The Villa Massimo is located in Rome and comprises a large-scale main building and ten modern studios with proper living places to be situated in a spacious park.
Annually htere are more than 30 activities as well as exhibitions and the summer festival in June.