The Fulbright Commission promotes exchanges of students and lecturers/researchers between Germany and the United States of America.
The Fulbright Commission's activities comprise:
- scholarship programs for German and American students, scholars (research and lecturing) and journalists partly in co-operation with American and German organisations
- scholarship programs for short-term professional development / seminars for American and German university teachers of German and American studies, university administrators and certain other professional groups
- support of guest lectures of American Fulbright scholars in Germany and Europe
- advising of government departments/agencies, parliament, public institutions and individual persons with information on exchange programs, on the German and American educational systems, and on funding sources for German-American exchanges
- participation in the exchange programs of other organisations or universities in Germany and the United States of America.