Foundation for the German-French Cultural Cooperation
The Foundation for the German-French Cultural Cooperation was established 1989 as legal entity of the German-French Cultural Council. It has the objective to foster the cultural relations between Germany and France, to support the German-French Cultural Council as well as to enhance the cross-border cultural work via the connection of knowledge about the cultural scene and the administration structures in the neighbouring country.
The duties of the foundation are:
- participation in the transformation of project suggestions of the German-French Cultural Council
- initiation and realisation of cultural projects in the region Saar – Lor – Lux and nationwide,
- procuring third-party funds for German-French cultural projects,
- promotion of cooperation with universities and colleges of higher education in the cultural field,
- promotion of cooperation between culture bearer and culture workers