Federal Ministry of the Interior (BMI)
The Federal Ministry of the Interior (BMI) is responsible for a broad range of tasks extending from internal security, policy on foreigners and asylum, the public service, administrative reform and constitutional law to sport.
In the sector foreigners, refugees and asylum the BMI is concerned with
- the integration of foreigners living in Germany
- the return of refugees
In the field of late re-immigrants and minorities for
- affairs of late re-immigrants
- assistance for German minorities in the CIS and other Eastern European states
- general questions of minority law
- affairs of the minorities on both sides of the German-Danish border.
In the sector of sport the BMI is engaged in
- meeting the special needs of the world of sports and fortifying its position at EU level
- strengthening the position of women in sports-governing bodies
- actively supporting the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) through the Council of Europe and the EU
- implementing the Code of Partnership between Sports and the Environment