Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB)
The Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) is recognised as a centre of excellence for vocational research and for the progressive development of vocational education and training in Germany.
It works to identify future challenges in vocational education and training, stimulates innovation in national and international vocational systems, and develops new, practice oriented solutions for both initial and continuing vocational education and training.
The work done by the Institute currently revolves around five focal areas:
- the training place market and the employment system
- updating vocational training and improving the quality of vocational training
- life-long learning, the permeability and equivalence of training paths
- vocational training for specific target groups
- the internationality of vocational training
The Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training oversees at international level:
- the National Agency Education for Europe – information about programmes and initiatives of the European Union
- iMOVE – promotion of international collaboration in vocational training and continuing education
- ReferNet – European network for information in the area of vocational education and training in the European Union
- Cooperation International – support of international cooperation in research and education.
With the Prize for Innovation in Continuing Education and Training (WIP) the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training recognises innovative and forward looking ideas in continuing vocational training/in-company continuing training.
For an overview of current publications of the the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) please consult the website publications.
- BIBB-Report (monthly)
- Data-report about vocational training report (annual; in German)
- BWP – Berufsbildung in Wissenschaft und Praxis – Vocational Training in research and Practice (six times a year)