Federal Institute for Culture and History of the Germans in Eastern Europe (BKGE)
The Federal Institute for Culture and History of the Germans in Eastern Europe (BKGE) is a research institution in the operation of the Federal Government Representative for Culture and Media advising and assisting the Federal Government in regard to the culture and history of the Germans in Eastern Europe.
Current projects of the institut are:
- development of archival collections in Germany
- European network Memory and Solidarity
- Architecture of modernism in Silesia
- Contemporary witness report of culture and history of Germans in Eastern Europe at the 20th century
- Online lexicon of culture and history of Germans in Eastern Europe
The institute holds a publicly accessible reference library with circa 62,000 books and 876 periodicals, partially in Eastern European languages that can be researched by the Common Library Association.