Federal Government Representative for Culture and Media (BKM)
Since December 2013 Monika Grütters is Minister of State in the Federal Chancellery and Representative for Cultural and Media Affairs. The Representative for Cultural and Media Affairs (BKM) is a supreme federal authority under the direction of the cultural Minister of State and directly subordinated to the Federal Chancellery. Her area of activity embraces the promotion of cultural constitutions with national importance and the enhancement of the general framework of art and culture as well as the representation of national cultural-political interests on European level. In the field of media politics her function is especially to assimilate the judicial basic conditions to the technical developments for the media location Germany.
- The BKM supports culture in the field of
- fine arts
- visual arts
- memorial promotion and building culture
- artist promotion
- libraries and archives
- foundation of Prussian cultural heritage
- foundation of Prussian palaces and gardens, Berlin-Brandenburg
- foundation of Weimar classic and art collections
The film promotion of the BKM aims at enhancing the situation of the German film. Emphasis places on
- financial measures for raising the cultural level of the German cinema
- cultural film heritage
- international film promotion
On the internet site Kulturportal Deutschland the BKM offers information about various fields of the German Cultural Policy.