European Research Institute for Comparative Cultural Policy and the Arts (ERICarts)
The European Research Institute for Comparative Cultural
Policy and the Arts is presently a non profit association of researchers specialising in the field of cultural policy, artistic professions and the culture industries.
- Co-ordinate transnational and comparative cultural policy research projects which are carried out in co-operation with ERICarts Research Fellows and additional experts throughout Europe.
- Develop in-house studies and reliable methodological tools for applied comparative research in the arts, culture and media policy fields. E.g.: Country profiles with information on cultural policy in 23 countries
- Organise conferences and debates on research themes relevant to the Association's interests and to disseminate the results to a wide target group made up of researchers, policy makers and practitioners in the arts, culture and media fields.
- Participate in projects with a European dimension in an advisory role or expert capacity.
- Seek institutional backing for the establishment of a permanent, yet flexibly structured European research institute.