Deutscher Sprachrat, German Language Council
The Deutscher Sprachrat is an association dedicated to the promotion of lan-guage expression and culture in Germany and the teaching/learning of German in foreign countries.
The Council promotes the German language by
- co-ordinating the competence and services of its member institutions
- offering a platform for expert observation and discussion of the situation and development of the German language
- contributing to identifying and evaluating language usage and changes of us-age as well as meaning with a view to influencing language-political opinions and intentions
- co-operating with comparable institutions, university professors of German, specialist organisations and publishers
- co-operating with institutions and organisations for the promotion of the Ger-man language in other countries and regions
President of the German Language Council is Professor Dr. Jutta Limbach.