Pro Helvetia – Swiss Arts Council
The Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia is an independent foundation under public law. It promotes artistic creation, fosters cultural outreach and facilitates cultural exchange at home and with other countries. The foundation complements its work abroad with a network of branch offices and of partner institutions.
Its tasks include:
- to preserve and maintain Switzerland’s cultural identity, with particular attention to folk culture
- to promote cultural creativity, on the basis of the situation in the cantons, in the linguistic regions and in cultural circles
- to encourage cultural exchange among the linguistic regions and cultural circles within Switzerland
- to foster cultural relations with other countries
Pro Helvetia picks up topics on its own initiative, decides on areas that merit special attention and develops programmes. which have either a thematic or geographic focus.
These includes the initiatives:
- Ménage – Culture and Politics in Conversation
- Arts and Audience Programme
- Argentina & Chile
- Translation Programme Moving Words
In order to make outstanding projects in the fields of visual arts, literature and society, music, theatre and dance accessible to international audiences, Pro Helvetia provides cultural practitioners not only with financial support, but also with services that generate opportunities for performance, display and cooperation.