European Union National Institutes for Culture (EUNIC)
EUNIC is a partnership of national institutions for culture, engaged beyond their national borders and operating with a degree of autonomy from their governments.
- to create effective partnerships and networks between the participating organisations
- to improve and promote cultural diversity and understanding between European societies
- to strengthen international dialogue and cooperation with countries outside Europe
EUNIC operates at two complimentary levels:
- The first level consists of the Heads or Directors General of the national institutions.
- The second level comprises clusters of national institutions for culture, based in cities across the whole world, cooperating together in common projects.