European Students’ Forum – AEGEE
AEGEE (Association des Etats Généraux des Etudiants de l’Europe) is a non-governmental, politically independent and non-profit student organisation that promotes cooperation, communication and integration amongst young people in Europe. Today it counts 15,000 members, active in more than 240 university cities in 43 European countries.
The association’s main aims are:
- promoting a unified Europe without prejudices
- striving for creating an open and tolerant society of today and tomorrow
- fostering democracy, human rights, tolerance, cross-boarder, cooperation,mobility and European dimension in education
Within the framework of the main fields of action, AEGEE members organise(/d) a wide variety of activities, including several international projects on the European level, for example:
- beyond Europe
- Summer Universities
- Visa Freedom Working Group
- Eastern Partnership Project
- Youth Unemployment Project
- corporate affairs
The international working groups of AEGEE organise discussion, conferences and other events like:
On the establishment of the Erasmus Programme AEGEE has been directly involved and has participatory status in the activities of the Council of Europe, consultative status at the United Nations, operational status at UNESCO and is at the same time a member of the European Youth Forum.