European Film Promotion (EFP)
The European Film Promotion (EFP) was launched 1997 and is a network organisation for promotion at which participating 35 organisations from 34 European countries. The network promotes European cinema through it's joint activities while the individuality and richness of each national cinema of Europe is respected and encouraged .
It’s tasks contain:
- to increase the competitive opportunities for European films in the international marketplace
- to improve access for European film professionals to the international marketplace
- to contribute, where possible, to the opening of new markets for European film
- to enhance the distribution possibilities for European film
- to further share the accumulated knowledge and experience of the Association via its European-wide network
The European Film Promotion EFP is supported amongst others by the EU's MEDIA Programme, it’s member organisations, the Kulturbehörde der Freien und Hansestadt Hamburg, the Centre National du Cinéma et de l'Image animée (CNC) as well as the German Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media.