DutchCulture – centre for international cooperation
Purpose / Activities
DutchCulture operates in the areas of culture, media and heritage. DutchCulture is the result of a merger of SICA, Trans Artists and MEDIA Desk Netherlands. The organisation will also take up the tasks that were assigned to the discontinued Netherlands Institute for Heritage.
DutchCulture is supported with a four-year grant from both the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In addition, DutchCulture receives regular funding from the European Commission. The merging organisations SICA, Trans Artists and MEDIA Desk had been active in the field of international cultural cooperation for years. The merger into DutchCulture puts together the different expertise, networks and experience.
- informing and advising about European cultural funding programmes
- expertise with Artist-in-Residence programmes globally
- reinforcing Dutch cultural cooperation with China, Turkey and Brazil
- organising working visits for Dutch embassy staff and international experts
- creating and maintaining (online) databases focusing on export of Dutch culture and cultural mappings of several countries